The draw for the Second Qualifying Round of the SSE Women's FA Cup has pitched Farsley Celtic Ladies with a West Yorkshire derby at Wakefield, which is due to be played on Sunday 18 September 2016.
Last season the Ladies lost in the First Qualifying Round 2-1 away at Oughtibridge War Memorial, but will be hoping this season to make progress into the later rounds of the competition. Their opponents Wakefield also exited the cup at the same stage in 2015/16, with a 3-0 home defeat to Brighouse Athletic.
The Celts game is one of the eighty ties in the Second Qualifying Round, and the Ladies team are one of the two hundred and fifty-four clubs that will take part into this season’s competition.
The FA Women’s Super League (WSL) 2 clubs are exempt until the Third Round, while FA WSL 1 sides will enter at the Fifth Round stage.
Arsenal are the current holders having defeated Chelsea 1-0 in last season’s Final at Wembley to win the Women’s FA Cup for the 14th time.
The dates of the Rounds are as follows:
Updated 11:12 - 17 Aug 2016 by Robert Winterbottom
- First Round Qualifying Sunday 4 September 2016
- Second Round Qualifying Sunday 18 September 2016
- Third Round Qualifying Sunday 9 October 2016
- Fourth Round Qualifying Sunday 13 November 2016
- First Round Proper Sunday 4 December 2016
- Second Round Proper Sunday 8 January 2017
- Third Round Proper Sunday 5 February 2017
- Fourth Round Proper Sunday 19 February 2017
- Fifth Round Proper Sunday 19 March 2017
- Sixth Round Proper Sunday 26 March 2017
- Semi Final Monday 17 April 2017
- Final Saturday 13 May 2017